Tuesday, January 03, 2006

O the deep, deep Love

"O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore. How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore; How He watches o'er His loved ones, Died to call them all His own. How for them He intercedeth, Watcheth o'er them from the throne."


I reminded today of the brevity of life. As I ponder the reality of death in this life and the grief and pain that it can bring, my heart longs for a better country; a heavenly one. I am comforted that those who know Jesus and have departed from this life are more alive today than they have ever been. May God be the strength I need to comfort those who mourn and point them to the almighty cross.

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

Susan, Welcome to the world of blog! I am so glad to know you have one! Take care. I am leaving for Poland in 2 weeks!

Much love,
Alice

Evanston2 said...

Smart move starting a Blog! We're thinking about you at Singles FLOCK. ~Scott