Thursday, February 23, 2006

BLINDTOWN




Every week city ministries goes to the slums of Blindtown where a majority of people here are blind. They bring a mobile clinic with Community health workers and doctors who give basic medicine that saves many lives. I will never forget one woman I met that day in Blindtown. She lay dying in fetal position on a cement floor; the smell of her own feces permeated the air. I fell to my knees and prayed over her that she would come to know Christ. I heard she died later that night. Sometimes when I think about the despair and hopelessness of people here I am overhelmed. I am so thankful to know the Love and peace of the one and only true God. May that always spur me on to have compassion for those who have yet to discover the riches and pleasure of knowing Jesus Christ!



"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. HE saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having hope of eternal life!"


Titus 3:4-7

1 comment:

Evanston2 said...

I see there's been anti-Christian violence in Bauchi. Hang in there. GCD Singles went to Narnia last night. You're the one who has gone into another world. ~Scott