Monday, May 05, 2008

Spring Banquet

Last night was the Spring Banquet for Moody Graduate School where we celebrated over 90 students graduating from various majors who are now entering the real world of ministry. To the left is Heidi, a dear African friend (can't you tell she is Ugandan) who spent two years in Uganda and plans to go back next year as a long term missionary. She just "gets me" and there is never an explanation needed for the way I am feeling. I can just cry on her shoulder and tell her how much I miss Nigeria and she listens and understands completely. She can feel that inner turmoil and the longings I have for another land; a land so different from my but somehow a place where I feel at home and find comfort. Thanks girl for your friendship, I am so thankful for you!




No comments: