Saturday, September 02, 2006

THE LEAST OF THESE


"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me!'

Matthew 25:40

This is my friend Musa and he has polio. He is unable to walk, and his friend pushes him around all day in the wheelchair you see in the background. They are put on the street to beg. When I first met Musa he would always ask me for money, but as soon as I asked him his name and started to befriend him, he stopped asking. Now when I see him on the street I stop and attempt to communicate with him in my broken Hausa and shake his tiny little hand. My heart breaks for this young boy and many others like him who are living with this crippling disease. Often when I am walking to the market I sit beside the boys on the sidewalk and after a minute or two a crowd of beggar kids form around me. I use the opportunity to share the gospel with them. God has really given me a heart for these street kids. Musa is one of the least of these. Many that pass by don't even look his way. He is considered a nobody. But Jesus died for people just like him. Pray for his heart to soften to the truth of Jesus Christ!

No comments: