Monday, August 20, 2007

Saying goodbye


After many weeks of saying goodbye and tons of tears,
many visitors and people praying God's blessing over me,
several parties,
10 days of travelling,
11 flights,
3 different countries,
5 currencies and much anticipation....
I arrived safely back in America at the end of July, my home away from home. To my surprise the reverse culture shock has been so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I know it will take me time to adjust to life here, but I have felt so lost and out of place often. I keep hearing people say, "you're in America now!" Somehow I feel like I am just supposed to forget my experiences and move on. I don't know how do that. Nigeria has made such an impact on me, and was a huge part of life for two years. I have been forced into the fast paced society we live in and I am not ready yet. I am trying so hard to prevent my heart from the busyness of life here, but to no avail I am back in the craziness just like everyone else. I know that moving on is a part of life, but what about the amazing life I lived in Nigeria? How can I erase the memories of dancing with the VVF women, speaking Hausa with people, holding my beautiful HIV babies, seeing James grow, sharing the gospel with Isa and Abrahim on the streets? How can I tell you of all that I have seen, heard and witnessed with my very eyes? The devastation of AIDS, the hunger of children, the cries of the faint hearted who weep with little solace, the joy of seeing a life changed by the love of Jesus Christ.

I know that my God is faithful and will mend my heart back together. Each week I am feeling more comfortable with life here. I want to fully embrace all that God has, for such a time is this. Life at Moody has been so amazing so far, words cannot describe. The Moody update will be another entry to look forward to next time! I also will share more about my trip to Scotland and Ireland. It was such a refreshing time for me, praise GOD.

It's good to be back on the blog scene, stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Gosia and Henny said...

Hi
greetings from the netherlands. My name is Henny and I just happened to stumble on your website by coincidence. I liked to read about your observations and the way your help this countryin your own way.

I never was in Nigeria so I have no idea what to expect. How did you end up in this country? What suprises you most?

I will stop bye once in a while if I may

greetings
Henny & Gosia
http://gosiad.blogspot.com