Monday, October 16, 2006

Your Chains Are Gone

Freedom: the quality or state of being free: Independence, exemption, release or ease.

This topic of freedom has been one of the themes of my trip home this fall. I am studying about God's freedom and how I can make liberty IN Christ a reality in my life. How can I not allow the chains of bondage of sin to rule over me? I know in my head that I am free in Christ because Jesus' shed blood on the cross of Calvary bought my freedom once and for all. Yet why do I continually allow sin to reign in my body and weigh me down? Until we are in the presence of our Glorious King, we will struggle with our fleshly bodies and desires for the things of this world.


"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of slavery!"
Galatians 5:1

What is true FREEDOM? Romans 8:2-4 says, "For the law of the Spirit of life has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit"
I continue to fall short yet God in His infinite mercy has redeemd my life from the pit. I am finally free from the chains that held me for so long. Psalm 40 is one of my favorites and talks about how the Lord lifts us out of the pit and puts a new song in our mouths, a song of praise to HIM. HE HAS REDEEMED MY LIFE FROM THE PIT OF HELL. Because I know Jesus I now have hope of eternal life, what a glorious truth. My song is for the Lord, and by His grace I will continue to praise my Father for saving me, a wretched sinner.

"Remember your chains are gone, remember He has given you a new song, therefore you must praise him all day long, so others may know of His SON, remember your chains are gone!"

2 comments:

00mr said...

awesoem insight! well written! God bless you!

00mr said...

I love what you are doing! It's really really awesome how God is using you. If you aren't too busy I would love to get in more contact with you!
mellowyellow_101@hotmail.com