Thursday, April 26, 2007

Heart to heart with Reverend India

Today the coordinator of our ministry came to my office and said, "I want to talk with you!" It was unusual for him to pull me aside in such an intentional way. He sat me down and asked me about my future plans and said that he hoped I will come back to Nigeria. He also asked me if I wanted to be married? In the Nigerian culture marriage is viewed very highly, and an individual is considered more influential and useful in their ministry if they are married. He began to tell me how he has been praying for me to find a husband, and that when I come back to Nigeria he wants me to have a husband by my side. I really appreciated his concern for me and I took it as a great compliment. It was very fatherly, and meant a lot. I assured him that I want to be married someday, and am waiting for my husband to find me. As hard as it is to be single in this culture for a variety of reasons, I am so thankful for this time to have an undivided focus on the Lord. I know more than ever what it means to find total satisfaction in the Lord, for He is my portion and my daily bread.

"I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord!"

1 Corinthians 7:35

No comments: