Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Greatest Love of all

O Love, that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths it's flow
May richer, fuller be.

George Matheson

As I think today of Valentine's Day and the concept of love my heart is filled with joy. When I consider the unfailing God has for me and for the world I can't help but be grateful and unbelievably humbled. This LOVE which will not let me go is found in the person of Jesus Christ who died on a cruel cross to save sinners. His death has given us new life.

A hausa song very simply put says: "Allah mun Gode Hallelujia, domin kaunarka zuwa garemu hallelujia!" Lord how we thank you for your love unto us, how you love us!"

We can never repay HIM for the gift of His sacrifice of love. But may His love for us be a motivation for us to love others. When we have experienced the richness and kindess of God's love deep in out hearts all we want to do is give it away. I pray you give back all the love that you have for the one who gave His life for you.


"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life!"


John 3:16

No comments: