Saturday, February 03, 2007

New Creation in Christ

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day!"

2 Corinthians 4:16

Today is the first anniversary of my precious Ladi's death. She was one of my first patients here and made such an impact on my life. I had the privilige of walking Ladi through the most difficult time in her life. On January 3rd 2006 I stood beside Ladi at her mothers' graveside. As she wept bitterly with grief at the loss of her mother, she too was fighting this deadly disease. From that day on her condition worsened and I saw her body deteriorate and waste away. Yet I saw the most amazing thing; her spirit was being renewed day by day. Ladi confessed Christ just weeks before her death. She was truly redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, and her testimony was evident through the joy she had. I will never forget the last hours we spent together in the hospital. We sang songs about the love of God and her beautiful smile is something that will stick with me always. As her badly burned body grew weaker by the moment, their was a light in her eyes. As if she knew what was ahead, as if she could see it. Despite the fear of her own death, she knew she would be with Jesus. One month later to the day of her mother's death, I stood at that same graveside but this time was comforting Ladi's two young children Kyauta and Jerry, who are now orphans. As I held them close to my side they both cried tears of sorrow and fear of the future. Who will take care of me, I heard their tears say, is mommy coming back? My heart was filled with deep sadness for these precious children. When I think about Ladi I am thankful for she has no more tears or pain or suffering. Praise God she is now dancing with Jesus. I can't wait to see her again, what a day of rejoicing that will be. Oh, Lord hasten the day!

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a beautiful tribute to our friend and sister.
Amazing that a year has already passed. Helps us to keep it all in perspective.
Love you, ER