Monday, February 12, 2007

Treasures

"One by one He took them from me, all the things I treasured most,
Until I was empty-handed; every glittering toy was lost.
So I walked Earth's highways grieving in my rags and poverty,
Til I heard His voice inviting, "Lift your empty hands to me."
So I held my hands toward Heaven and He filled them with a store,
Of His own transecendent riches til they could contain no more.
And at last I comprehended with my stupid mind and soul,
That God could not pour His riches into hands already full."

Anonymous

As I ponder the truth in this poem I am humbled yet again. With fists held so tightly I am only allowing God into certain areas of my life. I am holding on for dear life to that plan which I have made for myself. Yet have I stopped to consider God's plan for my life? I like to have certain control over things, fearing that if I surrender to HIM I might not like what He will do with it. How foolish and stubborn am I? God is slowly taking every area of my life and transforming me into His image. It's like a tug of war. I am still grasping with all that I am and yet God is asking me to give it up, give it over to HIM. Like the potter forming the clay He wants to mold me into something beautiful that can be used to Glorify himself and to be a marvelous display of His splendor. Without the work of Christ in my life, I am empty. May I continue to completely surrender my will and allow God to fill me with more of HIM. So that I will overflow and be a fragrant aroma of Christ to a dying and lost world. God is asking me to empty myself of all that I am to be all that HE is. With each passing day I am coming to realize He is all I need, that I am complete in HIM. I am experiencing His peace, joy and hope like never before. May I continue to let go of my earthly treasures so I may taste of His Heavenly treaures.

"And to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure with all the fullness of God!"
Ephesians 3:19

No comments: