Sunday, May 06, 2007

Memories of Murline

Today I found out one of my neighbors from Wheaton died suddenly last week. Me and two high school friends lived next door to her for two years, and I have many fond memories of standing on our front porch talking and laughing with her. She always had a witty joke or story to tell us. She was very sociable and always greeting us and cared about the little details of our lives. She treated us like her daughters. One of her favorite hobbies was gardening. She turned her front yard and our's, into something quite remarkable.

I remember when we were moving out we had a garage sale, and all the neighbor ladies were so sad to say goodbye to us, especially Murline. She bought my couch and some other things from me. I don't think she really needed them, but wanted to help me and knew I needed the money. That was Murline. She had a real giving heart. She was also partnering with me through monthly support for God's work here in Nigeria.

It's sad not being at home to attend her funeral, but I look forward to visiting with the other neighbors when I come home. Sunderland Court will not be the same without Murline, though. Her presence will be dearly missed.

No comments: