Friday, May 25, 2007

Saying goodbye to James

Well, it is official. The countdown has begun, and I leave Nigeria in six weeks. Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my little James, who is my favorite. He is two years old and has been coming for over a year now with his mom. Whenever he sees me he runs up to me with an eager look on his face, and raises his arms high so I will pick him up. I love when he does that! His mom Joy is a single mother and has it pretty hard. They are living in another state and only come every few months to pick up their ARV medicine. I know this goodbye is only the beginning of goodbyes for me these next weeks. The reality is, the life of a missionary is a life of goodbyes. This is always the hardest part for me. I pray that James grows to live a long life but more importantly that he grows to love Jesus!!! Goodbye James, sai mun hadu......

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hello!

I actually found your blog site through Tim (Schmidt's) update page. I've checked your site periodically over the last few months and I'm always encouraged by how God is working in/through you in Nigeria!

I'm teaching/living in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and though this culture is very different from the Nigerian culture -there are also many similarities.

My heart goes out to you as you prepare to head back to the States. I have several close friends that are leaving here in a few weeks - and I know that it's never easy.

Blessings,
Sarah Ashton