Sunday, June 17, 2007

A tribute to my dad

On this Father's Day I want to say a special word to my dad, who I have a great respect for. He is a man of his word, has a tender heart for people and never complains, but takes life as it comes. Whether he is bailing me out of a car flood, helping to change my oil in the car, getting tax stuff for me, or giving me advice, he has always been there for me. I miss my dad today. He is a man of integrity and very loyal. A realtor for over 25 years, my dad has been a hard worker and always faithful to those he is serving. He keeps to his promises, and wants the best for his customers. They all respect him and keep coming back to him because he has expertise in the field, and will try to get them a great deal. He knows his stuff.....

My dad is an avid Cubs fan and a super golfer! His golfing buddies know him as "The Commish" because he organizes their tournaments and keeps times. They all look to dad for his leadership and they know he will play fair. They also love him for his humor. He always has a joke or a funny story to tell. My dad loves his coconut cream pie from Baker's Square when we celebrate family birthdays. He makes the best stuffing at Thanksgiving, a skill he learned from his dad year after year at Turkey time.

Thanks for being my dad, for loving me through good and bad times. Thanks for showing me what it means to be loyal and dedicated. I love you very much, and wish I was there to spend this day with you.

See you in a few weeks!!!

Love your youngest daughter,
Susan :)

No comments: