Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Godiya, Godiya ga Allah"


"Godiya, godiya ga Allah, mun kawo godiyanmu agabunka ya Allah!" God we thank you and praise your name!" Those words bellow the halls of the VVF ward every tuesday as the women gather to celebrate their healing from VVF. I too can be found singing those beautiful words, because I have become part of the women here. Though we don't always speak the same language, I have come to build special relationships with them. Those will not be forgotten. My Tuesday Bible time with them has been a huge blessing in my life, and I will truly miss coming. This morning I shared from God's Word, sang and danced with them for the last time. With tears in my eyes I shared how much God loves them, and that I love them. Though I may never see the fruits of my labor, I trust that a seed has been planted in their hearts. I pray many of these women come to know Jesus. Not just Jesus as a prophet and wise man, but Jesus who is the son of God and Savior of the world.

As my departure is fast approaching, I am slowly saying goodbye to every part of my life here. Though painful, it is necessary in moving on. I will never forget my time here. Ministry at the VVF has been a bright beacon of hope amongst the despair and sorrow of AIDS.

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm! Let nothing move you. Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58

1 comment:

Evanston2 said...

We had the church picnic Sunday and your niece (Clark's oldest daughter) knows when you're coming back. They're very much looking forward to it.