Friday, March 23, 2007

Lovely Ladies

I want you to meet a few of my lovely friends. Back row is Erin Rigsby who is a missionary nurse here currently on furlough in Texas. She works with the boys at Transition House, a care center for street kids and orphans. She is hoping to return in early May. Erin's passion and love for her ministry here touched my heart from day one. Before coming I would check her website and cry every time because I saw her heart in action, and it made an impact on me. Next to Erin is Ritmua who is also working at TH, and going to seminary here. She has a beautiful voice and God is using her in amazing ways to minister through the gift of music. She is a prayer warrior and constant source of encouragement to me. She has been one of my closest friends here. Next to me is Nicky, a Brit, who is currently studying at Bible College in England, but coming back as a long term missionary with SIM in august. Nicky was a good listener, and great support during my first 6 months in Nigeria. Last but not least is GayLynn who is also furloughing in New Mexico at the moment, and due to return in June. She put up with my emotional up's and down's, and is a woman of great wisdom. Plus she would laugh at my jokes.

Girls,
Miss you a ton and look forward to drinking tea together soon (for Erin it is Starbucks coffee :)!

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a nice surprise to see our pic! I love this one. Thanks for the sweet words. Hope you were not too disappointed when you met me in person. Ha :)
See you soon!!!