Thursday, March 08, 2007

VVF Reunion

The annual VVF reunion started today and goes through saturday. Hundreds of women gather from villages across Nigeria to celebrate their healing from VVF. Tonight they had a special program with dancing and singing. I loved walking around and greeting everyone. These women are so precious to me. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about them. People gathering to watch the special dance
A group of Fulani women here for the program

My precious friend Ngosono who lost her baby recently. God has restored her joy and she is coping well with the loss of Emembe.
The Tieve women proudly showing off their tribal dance
Me attempting to join in the dancing
Mao is a sweet young girl who had VVF, but is now dry and going home after the program
More dancing....
The Tieve women practicing






Women waiting outside the VVF for the celebration to start

My friends from the VVF gathering water

An old mama who always greets me


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi Im Dr pouya from Iran I want to there ( Nigeria ) for work and I wnat some information about there ,can you help me about it
thanks alot