Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Our Eyes are upon you!"

As I read 2 Chronicles yesterday my heart was filled with joy and I was reminded that God is my mighty warrior fighting for me. King Jehoshaphat heard that an army of Moabites, Meunites and Ammonites were preparing to wage war against his army. Upon hearing the news, together with all the people of Judah he sought to inquire of the Lord. In desperation and rock solid faith he stood up and prayed to the Lord his God for help. He prayed in verse 12, “For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you!” So an angel of the Lord appeared and said to him, “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army (vs. 15). For the battle is not yours, but God’s…….You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the DELIVERANCE the Lord will give you (vs. 17)." Despite seeing the incredible odds against them, King Jehoshaphat bowed with his face to the ground, and all the people also fell down in worship before the Lord. Early the next morning they set out for Tekoa, and the King appointed men to sing and praise Him for the splendor of His holiness as they went out at the head of the army. As they began to sing “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever,” the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated!

My heart is amazed yet again and I realize that my eyes must be upon the Lord as I fight the battles in this life. I am encouraged, and feel spurred on to take up my armor and trust GOD for his power to defeat the vast army that is in front of me. As I seek to make Christ known among peope here, God is before me and is my refuge, comfort, strength and my Deliverer. In HIM alone is all my trust and hope for He will never fail me. Praise be to God.........

1 comment:

Sara said...

You've been a blogging machine since your retreat. Thanks for sharing your life.