Sunday, March 11, 2007

Final Ceremony

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins, and heals all your diseases...." Several hundred women gathered for the final ceremony of the reunion yesterday. They all dress up in matching wrappers to signify a coming together in celebration. This was their time to be recognized, to sing the "freedom song" for they have been healed from this VVF which has caused much sorrow, grief, stigma, pain and depression for many. Praise the Lord for He has healed and delivered them. He does all things well.
A group called Bazata who travel all over Nigeria and sing traditional Hausa music. I really enjoyed listening to them, they were fantastic!
The two chaplains for the VVF

Women getting ready for their special number
I got asked to speak five minutes ahead of time. This is typically what happens at gatherings like this where you are asked to speak at the last minute. I had no time to prepare but shared from my heart how thankful I am to be a part of ministry at the VVF, and how God is working miracles in many women's lives.

Women dancing together

No comments: